* Using the phrase "I'll do it later" as code for "Never happening."
* Never saying what's really on their mind until it's too late.
* They're generally unreliable.
* They don't appreciate football, be it NCAA or NFL.
* Aggressive music is for some reason unpalatable.
* Use of the word "silly".
* Unrealistic expectations of me.
* They give off a constant, nagging impression that we are, in fact, diametrically opposed, and that all communication is a waste.
* They are not good with directions (giving or receiving).
* They don't understand why I love the Great Gatsby.