Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bourbons I have known (and short descriptions)

* Wild Turkey - Not bad. Will always do in a pinch, though never my first choice.
* Wild Turkey 101 - Better than the standard 80 proof, but much more dangerous.
* Maker's Mark - Wildly overrated. Not worth the price, though the bottle is cool.
* Jim Beam - The gold standard. In most cases, this is my go-to bourbon.
* Jim Beam Black - Only a little stronger, and not really better than the standard Beam. Not worth the price increase over the regular stuff.
* Bulleit - The best sipping bourbon I've ever had. Highly recommended.
* Rebel Yell - A better mix with Coke than Beam. Harder to find and slightly more expensive though. And yes, the namesake of the Billy Idol song.
* Knob Creek - Expensive, but good. Not the best I've ever had, but still high quality.

No comments: