* Dan Brown: People will believe any lie you tell them if you dress it up enough.
* Emily Bronte: If you have the worst life of all time, you'll write the worst book of all time.
* Stephen King: Maine is a horrific state.
* F. Scott Fitzgerald: Sometimes you get good ideas when you're drunk.
* Stephenie Meyer: Girls are fucking stupid.
* William Faulkner (and James Joyce, I suppose): Normal rules don't apply to great talents.
* JD Salinger, Thomas Pynchon and (to a somewhat lesser degree) Cormac McCarthy: Never talk to anyone and everyone will love you forever.