Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Hopes and concerns regarding the new Gaslight Anthem album


  • I primarily hope it doesn't suck
  • If the album blows up and makes them this year's Black Keys, they won't be my band anymore
  • As a corollary to that, kiss goodbye to any chance of seeing them in a small(ish) venue
  • Still, I'd love to see them sell a million copies and tour stadiums because they deserve it
  • That this is is all just a launching pad for Brian's inevitably boring solo project (and his talking up of Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler doesn't help that fear)
  • Too many acoustic and/or overlong songs on the next album
  • If the album flops, they'll get dropped, and they'll sign to Epitaph or something and release a "back to basics" album that doesn't really recapture their spark and we'll all sigh and wonder about what could have been
  • I'm worried I think too much about the career prospects of the Gaslight Anthem

No comments: