Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Songs I absolutely loathe

  • Elton John and Kiki Dee - Don't Go Breaking My Heart (thankfully haven't heard this in quite some time, but I recall the chorus being one of the most irritating sounds ever)
  • Rod Stewart - Forever Young (tough to pick just one from latter-era Rod)
  • Celine Dion - A New Day Has Come (bad song, really bad song)
  • John Lennon - Imagine (it's easy to talk-up communism when you're a multi-millionaire, not to mention incredibly condescending)
  • Weezer - Beverly Hills (rare to find a song that is so aggressively awful - like they were consciously trying to make the most grating song ever)
  • Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You (I hate Kevin Costner, and I hate this song)
  • Don McLean - American Pie (it's like forty-five fucking minutes long, and the sentiment is just incredibly trite)
  • City High - What Would You Do? (taaaaaaaaalk about preachy)
  • Chamillionaire - Ridin' (epitomizes everything terrible about mid-'00s hip-hop)
  • Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta - Summer Nights (this song makes me want to die)

No comments: