10. Box Cutter
9. Half Measures
8. Crazy Handful of Nothin'
5. Full Measure
4. One Minute
3. Gliding Over All
1. Face Off
Monday, September 23, 2013
- Tina Turner and Danny Brown
- Elton John and Tyler the Creator
- Smokey Robinson and Riff Raff
- Al Green and Waka Flocka Flame
- Rod Stewart and 2 Chainz
- Stevie Wonder and Trinidad James
Posted by Jesus Marquez at 10:29 PM
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Considerations relating to my life goal to own (as Jay-Z put it) "so many watches I need eight arms"
- I do not, in fact, have eight arms
- Wearing more than one watch at once is corny
- That many watches would require coordination of watch with outfit
- Upkeep concerns (setting them all to the same time, keeping them wound, etc.)
- Cost would inevitably be high
- Storage is a minor headache
- The wisdom of pursuing a goal simply because a middle-aged rapper mentioned it once is questionable at best
Posted by Jesus Marquez at 2:55 PM
Thursday, September 12, 2013
Sunday, September 8, 2013
- The Syrian civil war and the possibility of intervention
- Concussions and football
- The Federal Reserve's stimulus policies
- Pharrell's career resurrection
- Consolidation and monopolistic pressures in the telecom industry
- The underuse of cowbell in pop music
- The potential erosion of Fourth Amendment rights
- Literally just about everything in the entire world
- HEY HEY HEY
Posted by Jesus Marquez at 8:05 PM
Monday, September 2, 2013
- Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting - In this song, Elton imagines that if he were to ever get in a fight, Saturday night would be the ideal time for it.
- Candle in the Wind - The title is a metaphor for Marilyn Monroe's untimely death.
- Rocket Man (I Think It's Going to Be a Long, Long Time) - It's sometimes easier just to steal David Bowie's ideas.
- The Bitch is Back - Elton is the bitch.
- Can You Feel the Love Tonight - Michael Eisner writes some very large checks.
- Island Girl - This song is about a prostitute.
Posted by Jesus Marquez at 4:35 PM